Are you looking for a job at a small, design-oriented firm that creates distinguished public buildings all over the country? An opportunity where you can be responsible for projects from start to finish, establish personal connections with your clients, and help communities that really need the services of an imaginative, compelling architect?
Over a period of almost 40 years, Chamberlin Architects has developed a diverse expertise working on projects for federal, state, and local governments, non-profits, museums and visitor centers, healthcare, K-12 and higher education, and historic preservation. We are now looking for an experienced, licensed Architect or budding Project Manager to meet the following:
- Direct the efforts of project teams: 1-4 employees plus a wide variety of consultants.
- Collaborate on—and eventually lead—the process of defining and designing projects.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for 2-5 projects: schedules, budgets, and design documentation.
- Be creative, thoughtful, level-headed, and dedicated to making great architecture.
- Show leadership with both clients and junior staff.
- Be a problem-solver.
- 8-15 years working in the field of architecture, minimum 3-10 years as a licensed Architect.
- Must have experience being responsible for all aspects of Project Management, including:
– Managing teams of consultants and staff.
– Presenting to clients and public.
– Writing reports using professional expository English.
– Quality assurance checking of Construction Documents/Having Responsible Charge.
- Excellent Revit and specification writing skills, familiar with SketchUp.
- Proven ability to define and meet programmatic and AHJ requirements.
- Expertise in building science, building materials, detailing, and constructability.
- An employee meeting these requirements would have a minimum starting salary of $75,000/yr.
- Profit sharing and bonuses occur twice/year.
- Ownership eligibility after three years.
- Two weeks paid vacation/one week paid sick/paid holidays.
- Employee health insurance covered at 75% of premiums.
- 401(k) match.
- Continuing education and AIA fees paid, personal growth and civic involvement encouraged.
- Close-knit, fun office environment, minutes from exceptional outdoor recreation.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to HRDirector@chamberlinarchitects.com